Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Read these two forms carefully. You will not be able to become a member of the library without e-signing by adding your initials. You will also need to bring in proof of ID and address on your first visit.
In the contract below ‘I’ refers (the borrower): ‘The Watersports Library’ refers (the company)
Borrower’s terms and conditions
1. Members must be age 18 or over to borrow equipment from The Watersports Library.
2. To borrow equipment, members must be confident in swimming at least 50 metres in open water.
3. Borrowing allowance. Members may borrow up to three pieces of equipment at a time. Only one of these will be a watercraft (eg paddleboard or kayak). Members will be provided with a buoyancy aid with every watercraft they borrow (except surfboards). This is in addition to the borrowing allowance.
4. Library staff are available to assist in explaining the operation of equipment. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
5. The member holds responsibility for any Library equipment that is borrowed. If a friend/family member uses the equipment while it is being borrowed the member holds ultimate responsibility for it.
6. The rental period is up to 3 days. All equipment borrowed is to be returned to the Library by close of business on their due date. Equipment may only be returned during the Library’s open hours or by a time privately arranged with the lender. Failure to do so will mean a delay in them being checked in and a fine being accumulated.
a. Watersports equipment is expensive. If the equipment is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. Other people are relying on you to return the equipment, so please be considerate. This late fee will be £3 per day per item for every day until the item is returned and checked back in. It will be charged to the card with which the member paid for membership. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the item. The Library may replace severely delinquent items, holding the Member responsible for the full replacement cost plus a £5 administrative fee. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing further items.
b. We understand that over the course of time, equipment generates wear and tear. However, we have a responsibility to provide safe equipment to our members. All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring this normal wear and tear. If the equipment is returned damaged by a member, the Library will charge a fee depending on the cost of the repair. The Member agrees to pay this fee and further agrees to accept the Library’s assessment of the condition of items.
c. All equipment must be returned clean, and The Watersports Library may charge the member £5 to cover the cost of cleaning.
d. The member agrees to the Library’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item.
8. The Library reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent items or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. Under UK Law, ‘borrowing without the intent to return’ is theft. The Library reserves the right to contact the police to retrieve items if it deems such action appropriate. The Library also reserves the right to forgive late fees due to special circumstances.
9. Equipment must be reserved in advance. All reservations must be confirmed by a WatersportsLibrary staff member, volunteer, or automated response to be effective.
10. It may be possible to renew an item if (a) the Member contacts the Library by noon on the day before the item is due, and (b) no other Member has reserved the item. The Library reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand. The exception to this may be items that are in particularly high demand.
11. The Member agrees that the Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in any borrowed items.
12. The Member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify the Library of the issue on return, if not earlier.
13. The Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
14. The borrowing of equipment will be refused if a member is under the influence of any substances, legal or illegal. Members are also not permitted to use the equipment while intoxicated. Your safety is our priority.
Please make sure you have signed below acknowledging that you have read and agree to The Watersports Library terms and conditions.
The equipment in our collection is for the use of The Watersports Library members.
I understand and accept that borrowing any equipment from the Watersports Library and participating in water activities exposes me to many hazards and entails risk of personal injury or death and loss of or damage to property. I also understand I should be in good physical health to participate in sports on the water. I choose to borrow equipment in spite of these risks. I accept full responsibility and assume all risk of injury or loss of life to myself or a third party and loss of or damage to property arising out of borrowing this equipment and participating in watersports.
I also understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other water users and sea conditions. I understand how to operate the borrowed equipment and The Watersports Library staff has answered any questions that I have. I am aware that The Watersports Library, its partners, directors, officers, members, employees and volunteers claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of the watersports equipment for any particular use.
I state that I am capable of using the equipment I am borrowing, and that I will use the equipment I am borrowing in a proper manner.
I hereby for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow equipment, agree to waive, release, indemnify and hold harmless The WatersportsLibrary, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use of equipment I am borrowing from The Watersports Library.
I affirm that the above information is current, true and correct and may be subject to verification. I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of The Watersports Library and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and signed this Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing any and all claims against The Watersports Library, its officers, agents, and employees.
You now have access to all the equipment in the Watersports Library and a community of sharers and volunteers that are passionate about the water and creating a better, more sustainable future!
Welcome to The Watersports Library!
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?